– Because they want to use them.
– Because they want to ride in the forest.
– Because they want to ride on the rocky roads.
– Because they want to ride on any surface.
– Because they want to feed their horses with anything that will make them “work” and “want to move”.
– Because they want to compete (on any surface).
– Because they paid a lot of money for their horse, and now they are scared to let him out on the paddock so he can move freely.
– Because they don’t want to “waste their time” on “illnesses” and “off days”…
People shoe their horses BECAUSE PEOPLE WANT TO HAVE THEIR HORSES READY TO SERVE THEM any time, and any place they want it.
People shoe horses because they want to have horses at their disposal.
Nature doesn’t work this way.
Your horse is not a subject at your disposal.
Your horse is not spending his life waiting for you to manage it.
Your horse is waiting for you to awake and connect.
Pain always appears to point at something important that is happening in the body. When you are calm, pain can be like the Ariadne’s Thread that will take you out from any maze, that you have created in your Life and in the Life of your horse.
Pain will tell you: slow down, do not act, rest, look more into your body, look more into your diet, look more into your work and your emotions. Pain will MAKE YOU look into your horse when any other message didn’t work.
Pain will tell you: What you do is not serving your horse. What he eats is not good to him. How he moves is not supporting his body. How he feels is not promoting connection.
Pain appears to STOP YOU from doing what you have been doing.
But people do not want to look into the pain, because they don’t know what it is, and because it’s unpleasant.
What is pain, then?
Pain is a clue on how to get our from the maze.